Expected Timeline: July 2022 – July 2023
Watermain replacement and resurfacing is programmed to take place in July 2022, along Wellington Street from Strachan Avenue to Blue Jays Way. This work provides an opportunity to review the corridor for safety improvements and changes.
The City of Toronto is proposing road improvements on Douro Street from King Street to Strachan Avenue and on Wellington Street from Strachan Avenue to Blue Jays Way, to increase safety for all road users.
Proposed improvements include:
- Upgrading the existing bike lanes to bi-directional protected bike lanes, from King Street to Bathurst Street
- Extending the bi-directional protected bike lanes from Bathurst Street to Blue Jays Way
- Intersection improvements including curb radii reductions, accessibility upgrades, new bicycle signals heads and a special treatment at the intersection of Wellington Street and Spadina Avenue.
- Improve safety for people walking, cycling and driving by reducing conflicts between the different modes of travel
- Ensure connectivity between existing and planned north-south cycling facilities, including Shaw Street, Strachan Avenue, Blue Jays Way, Palmerston-Tecumseth corridor (2022), the West Toronto Rail Path Extension (2025+).
- Minimize conflict with significant development along Wellington Street, including Wellington/Bathurst Streets and Wellington/Draper Streets.
The City is still finalizing details on this work. When this information is available, the BIA will provide a full update to our members.
Contact: Karo Oguma, Field Ambassador: 647-299-8601