Toronto Hydro has completed its underground work on John St., Wellington St. W. to Front St.W. Contractors are currently working on additional civil work at Front St. W. and John St. As a result, Front St. W. will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Construction is anticipated to last approximately three months.
Traffic setup (no change for this week):
- Both eastbound and westbound Front St W curb lanes are closed east of the John St and Front St W intersection for final civil construction related to the last phase of John St,
- Both eastbound and westbound Front St W are restricted to one lane but traffic is still maintained east of the John St and Front St W intersection are maintained,
- No immediate impact to MTCC and UG vehicle service exit for Oxford (277 Front St W).
Construction Activities (changes highlighted in Bold):
- Two crews working on site and will be working on two Saturdays (Jan 21 and 28) to complete the current civil activities of constructing the new cable chamber CC16433 on the south side of Front St W and the ductnank construction from the new cable chamber to the already rebuilt CC4125 on the north side of Front St W east of John St,
- One paid duty police office and will assist with MTCC show staging trailer traffic if necessary,
- One crew working on new cable chamber CC16433 construction on the south side of Front St W on the east side of the John St and Front St W intersection,
- One crew working on ductbank construction on the north side of Front St W on the east side of the John St and Front St W intersection,
- Entera crews are on-track to temporarily restore Front St W and demobilize by Feb 6, 2023,
- No reported complaints from nearby business including major business operations MTCC and Oxford Properties.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Shannon Jackson at Toronto Hydro: SJackson@TorontoHydro.com