Another major step in Ontario Line construction has been completed. Infrastructure Ontario (IO) has announced financial close was reached and a contractor was awarded the winning bid for construction on the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations, and Tunnel package, more commonly known as the South Civils package.
The contract was awarded to Ontario Transit Group (OTG), a team that includes:
- Applicant Lead: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Design Team: AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group
- Construction Team: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Agentis Capital
The scope of work includes the following:
- A six-kilometre tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- Groundworks required to build the tunnels and stations; utility and conduit works to prepare for the RSSOM mechanical and electrical systems; guideway structures and facilities to prepare for the track structure to be installed by the RSSOM contractor
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
Two additional contracts have been awarded, and two requests for qualifications (RFQs) have also been released. Read more at the link: Big Milestones Reached for Ontario Line Contracts.
The Ontario Line is a 15.6-kilometre new rapid transit line between Exhibition Place and the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto with 15 stations, including six interchange stations, and over 40 other transit connections. For more information, click here. Project status, including new station renderings can be found here.
The Ontario Line Community Engagement team can assist with many questions and concerns residents may have about the project. Either contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 416-202-5100, or visit our office at 770 Queen St E in Riverside.
Bradley Naismith | Bradley.Naismith@metrolinx.com | Community Engagement & Issues Specialist, Ontario Line | Communications Division | Metrolinx