There will be a series of road closures for the Toronto Marathon taking place Sunday, May 6, 2018;
- Wellington St. East/West from Front St. E to John St. from 7 am to 11:30 am
- John St from Wellington St W. to Front St. W. from 7 am to 12 pm
- Front St. W. from John St. to Bathurst St. from 7 am to 12 pm
- Bathurst St. from Front St. W. to Fort York Blvd. from 7 am to 12:30 pm
- Fort York Blvd. from Bathurst St. to Lakeshore Blvd. W. from 7 am to 12:30 pm
On Sunday, May 13 there will be road closures for the Sporting Life 10k run;
- Fort York Blvd. will be closed from Bathurst St. to Lakeshore Blvd. from 4:30 am until 12:30 pm (local access will be available to fort York Blvvd. area condominium)
- Richmond St. between Yonge St. and Peter St.
- Peter St./Blue Jays Way between Richmond St. and Front St.
- Westbound Front St. between Blue Jays Way and Bathurst (Eastbound traffic will be permitted from Spadina)
- Bathurst St. between Front St and Lakeshore Blvd. W.
560/580 Front Street* – Traffic will exit eastbound from 560/580 Front Street turning northbound on Portland Street to King Street. Lakeshore Blvd. access is from Strachan Avenue.
Fort York Blvd between Bathurst Street and Fleet Street*– The northbound curb lane of Fort York Blvd will be maintained from Fleet Street to Bathurst Street for vehicles travelling in a clockwise direction. Police will assist at the intersections.
Fort York Blvd between Bathurst Street and Spadina Avenue* – There will be no access to Bathurst Street via Fort York Blvd. Traffic will be allowed to proceed eastbound from Bathurst Street to Dan Leckie Way or Spadina Avenue. No westbound traffic from Dan Leckie Way to Bathurst Street. East and westbound traffic can utilize Iceboat Terrace to loop around to exit at Dan Leckie Way or Spadina Avenue.
For downtown east-west traffic: travelling EASTBOUND please use the Gardiner Expressway to York St. and travelling WESTBOUND, use Jameson Avenue to avoid delays at Lakeshore. Avoid using the Bathurst, Spadina, York, Rees or Yonge exits if travelling north of Front Street.
Please click here for specific access maps and the most up-to-date run information.